HackerRank Challenge and ACM Special Election
Come participate in a HackerRank challenge! In preparation for the HCPC, we'll be hosting a small HackerRank competition open to all. Light refreshments and some snacks will be served. Challenge yourself!
Before the competition, we will be hosting a special election for the Vice President position for the upcoming academic year. Here are the rules for this election:
- This special election will be held on April 19, 2018 at 6:30pm CST (UTC -5) in 3 MLH.
- To run, you must nominate yourself or be nominated by another ACM@UIOWA member by 11:59:59pm CST (UTC -5) on April 18, 2018. All nominees will be notified of their nomination via email within 24 hours of submission, or before 9:00:00am CST (UTC -5) April 19, 2018, whichever comes first. The Nomination form for this election can be found here --> (https://goo.gl/forms/kyhYCitbOCQQb5872)
- At the Special Election meeting, you will be given the opportunity to make a short speech (1-3 min) about why you want to run for the position you are running for and what you will bring to ACM. If you cannot make that time, please send Ryan Wedoff an email (firstname.lastname@example.org) with a video submission of your speech.
- Votes will be cast by all in attendance at the special election meeting and any REQUESTED absentee ballots. Votes will be tallied using instant-runoff style elections, meaning candidates will be ranked 1-n in order of preference, where n is the number of total candidates for the position. For more information on instant runoff voting, see https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Instant-runoff_voting.
- If you cannot make the voting on Thursday, you may REQUEST an absentee ballot by contacting Ryan Wedoff via email or Facebook by 5:30:00pm CST (UTC -5) on April 19th. You must cast your vote before voting closes at the Special Election meeting.
- NOTE: Per the ACM@UIOWA constitution: Nominations for the Vice President are subject to rejection by unanimous decision of the current Officers. Such a rejection can be appealed to the Chapter Sponsor, who may override the rejection if deemed vindictive or unreasonable.
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact Ryan Wedoff.